Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Weddings to Celebrate

This card is one I did awhile back when I was in need of a wedding card - we also made it at one of my classes where I taught the dazzling diamond dust technique
In case you missed it - basically cut your paper to size that you want to 'sparkle'- if it is plain- go ahead & do any stamping you want- here I used the ds (designer series) paper from Stampin' Up!'s Cutie Pie collection - the florals at base of card- next step cover the entire paper in versamark ink- last step- pour dazzling diamond dust glitter over the entire paper and then shake off excess into powder pal and funnel back into jar- voila! Now I recently came across an additional step that definitely makes the glitter stay on even better and that is to add SU's heat n stick powder- after the versamark step you would pour heat n stick powder on the surface then heat it then add the glitter. This adds one more step & one more product you would need but I guarantee you that the glitter stays on so much nicer!
For the rest of this card it is made from a 4" x 12" piece of cardstock and the curved edge is just a hand drawn template I created to use. I watercolored the couple using the aquapainter and ink pads. The piercing tool has been used in each of the 'petals' of the scallop behind the happy couple as well as following the curved edge of the card. The last touch was a bit of tuille that was cut and tucked via 1/8 punch into the brides veil area - so that this becomes 3-dimensional. If you have any other questions regarding the card please email me.

No comments: